Sunday, November 15, 2015

So It begins - September 15th


WELCOME to Willow Sunshine's breeding blog. 
 I can't believe time has come.
 I am going to breed my little girl. 


Willow Sunshine has come into heat. After months of trying to decide who to use as a stud dog, a decision has been made. First, I couldn't decide on color, black or yellow. Then, once I made that choice, I couldn't decide who.  So many nice boys to choose from.

Johnny, Sunnydaze walk the line, was the winner.

Next came working out the logistics, and progesterone testing, and timing.



Nash was to go to Guilford, CT, and stay with a friend. Next, I realized his sister was going to visit for two weeks over breeding time. This meant my friend was going to have two senior dogs in her care.  Anyone who has taken care of a senior dog knows the energy that can be involved - multiply that by two, and then remember they aren't even your dogs.  It takes a special kind of person.



A date was set for progesterone testing, which was changed, mostly I guessed, the test really didn't help much.  I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so this was going to be a long riv, a whirlwind trip.  Next, I planned my route, an itinerary for driving to Norwood, Ontario, Canada.  Then off we went when the time came...



No comments:

Post a Comment